This dip is a winner! Even with those who are less health conscious. This is one of our recipes that we get requested to bring to BBQs all the time!
It tastes creamy thanks to the beans but also has a great herb flavour.
White Bean and Herb Dip
2 cans of cannellini beans
2 cloves of garlic
3 Tbs dried herbs - thyme and rosemary are our picks
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 Tbs white wine vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
1. Drain and rinse the beans
2. Peel garlic and add clove to food processor with herbs until finely chopped.
3. Add beans to food processor with olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper and process until smooth.
4. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
This dip can be stored in fridge for up to one week.
We use this dip in a variety of ways:
- with seed crackers or veggie sticks such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, capsicum, or cucumber
- spread on toast with avocado and tomato
- a scoop added onto veggie patties or lentil patties
- a tablespoon added to buddha bowls as a dressing