This was a winner in our household; full of veggies, nice and warming for the cooler nights and was so colourful that it could be a winner if entertaining.
Inspired by a recipe by Pete Evans but made a little simpler :)
Roasted Broccoli with Spices
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
1 large head of broccoli
1 cup of vegetable stock
1 Tbs coconut oil
salt and pepper to season
1 handful of chopped almonds
2 Tbs tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 small pomegranate
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius
2. Place stock in oven dish that has a lid
3. Rub coconut oil into head of broccoli (leaving on stem). The coconut oil will melt in using your hands as a heat sauce then season broccoli with salt and pepper
4. Place broccoli in dish with stock and place in oven with lid on for 45 minutes
5. Check sporadically to ensure there is still stock in bottom of dish.
6. Meanwhile mix tahini and lemon juice together
7. Take lid off and cook broccoli on 180 degrees for another 5-10 minutes until florets start to brown
8. Remove broccoli from dish and serve with tahini dressing, pomegranate seeds and chopped almonds.
Serve on a bed of cauliflower rice, couscous or rice.