This is one of our mid week meals that is a constant rotation.
It's super fast so you are not spending hours in the kitchen however it also covers all of your macronutrients - protein, fats, and complex carbohydrates meaning you content and not hunting for sweets later on in the evening!
Salmon is a great protein source that also contains omega 3 fatty acids which are beneficial for lowering inflammation, supporting brain health and skin.
There are at least 3 serves of veggies in this dish which makes it highly nutritious and the rice makes you feel full and content.
We like to alternate the veggies regularly - other options we regularly use include: broccoli, cauliflower, capsicum, zucchini, green beans, spinach leaves.
The rice is something else we alternate weekly - we like to use brown rice, black rice or basmati rice.
Oven baked Salmon and Veggies:
2cm knob of ginger
1 bunch of bok choy
1 bunch broccolini
1 handful of kale
1 sweet potato (oven baked previously)
1 Tbs tamari
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
Salt and pepper to season
1 cup basmati rice (or other rice)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Place salmon fillets on a piece of baking paper and top with slices of lemon and ginger. Wrap up into a small package and place on oven tray.
3. Place salmon package in oven for 20-25 minutes until salmon is cooked through to a light pink colour.
4. Meanwhile, boil up rice (using a rice cooker speeds up cooking time)
5. In the meantime, chop up veggies, onion and ginger.
6. Sautee onion and ginger for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
7. Add broccolini, bok choy, mushrooms, Tamara and sesame oil to frypan and sautée for 5-7 minutes until wilted.
8. After 4 minutes of sautéing, add shredded kale and allow to wilt.
9. Serve all elements with a squeeze of lemon and seasoning.