Recipe: Seed Crackers
While the weather is nice, there are still many events happening and lots of snack foods still around!
Seed crackers can be used as a substitute to crackers with dip, as a bread substitute for lunch or just as a snack with some avocado or tomato and spinach loaded on top.
1/2 cup of white sesame seeds (can substitute with black)
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1 clove of garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground spices of your choosing - we have tried lemon pepper, rosemary, thyme or turmeric.
1 cup of water
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius
2. Place all seeds, garlic, salt and herbs in a large bowl and mix together
3. Pour in cup of water and stir
4. Leave mixture to sit for 3-5 minutes for chia seeds to absorb the water and mixture to go gluggy
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and use a spatula to spread the mixture thinly and evenly over tray
6. Bake for 25 minutes, then carefully flip and bake for another 25 minutes
7. Remove from oven and leave to cool
8. Cut or snap the crackers into your desired shape/size
Store in an airtight container for 1 week.