This is such a handy recipe for mid week meals because it is fast, nutritious and yummy!
It only takes 30 minutes in the kitchen and your job is done!
The tofu gives you a boost of protein, the veggies can be mixed up but in this case contain a range of colours so you are getting a heap of vitamins and minerals. The rice gives you some complex carbohydrates and keep you fuller for longer!
Miso Baked Tofu
1 block of organic firm tofu
1 cup of brown rice
1/2 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil
1 red capsicum (seeds removed)
1 bunch of broccolini
1 cup of cauliflower florets
2 Tbs organic white miso paste
1/4 cup of tahini
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
1 Tbs tamari
1 tsp sesame oil
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 tsp mined ginger
3-4 Tbs water
1. Cut tofu into squares and place on tray with baking paper and place in oven at 180°C, rotate every 10 minutes until golden coloured.
2. In the meantime, boil in the rice.
3. Mix the Miso Sauce ingredients together and place in jar and shake together.
4. Sauté onion and veggies with oil in frypan.
5. When tofu squares are cooked, add to pan and add Miso Sauce also and mix together until sauce begins to stick to pan.
6. Serve on a bed of rice.